... Aigle Azur has a large network for the Portugal.
The oldest country in Europe, Portugal is one of the most popular destinations on the continent, thanks to its historical heritage, versatility, the richness of its ruins, and the many sites and artefacts to be discovered that it offers.
Discover the fantastic scenery and steep, narrow streets lined with faience tiles to the enchanting rhythm of fado music…In recent years, Portugal has earned itself an important reputation on the international stage: the European Cup, the Treaty of Lisbon, Expo 1998, etc.
- Arts : Portugal, a country that is strongly conducive to cultural mixing, offering a range of different artistic facets which find their place among fado and bullfighting.
- Literature: The legends and stories of Portugal by Alexandre Herculano, is a classic of modern Portuguese literature, telling stories of chivalry, conquest, betrayal and passion that paint the portrait of medieval Portugal. Portuguese literature had its moment of glory when José Saramago won the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- Music: Portuguese music is quite eclectic, consisting of no fewer than five genres: art music (baroque and contemporary era), Fado (urban style of music characteristic of the country), pimba, gypsy music and modern Portuguese music (pop-rock, punk, metal and hip-hop). Added to this are kuduro and kizomba (the Portuguese version of zouk style music).
- Cinema: Some of the major directors of the Portuguese film industry: Joao Cesar Monteiro (Memories of the Yellow House), Manoel de Oliveira (Christopher Columbus, The Enigma). Some famous actors: Luis Rego, Lucia Moniz, etc.
- Architecture: Remains of Roman art, expressions of the Renaissance, and Baroque illustrations all come together in Portugal. The "manueline" architectural style reflects the passion for things of the sea. Azulejaria, the art of faience tiles, is typical.
See our offers
Population: 10.8 million inhabitants
Area: 88,800 km²
Official language: Portuguese
Time difference: CET -1 hour
Flight time: 2hr to 2hr 15min