General Terms of Sales
Our online reservation service is subject to these general terms and conditions of sale which you acknowledge to have read and accepted prior to any reservation.
Where applicable, the special conditions indicated at the time the reservation is made shall apply in addition to these general terms and conditions. In the event of a discrepancy, the special conditions shall prevail.
Published 7th of June 2016
ARTICLE 1: DEFINITIONS
Capitalised terms used in these General Terms and Conditions of Sale have the same meaning as those defined in the General Conditions of Carriage of the Aigle Azur Company.
ARTICLE 2: AREAS OF APPLICATION
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale regard the services offered to consumers or non-professionals via the following distribution channels:
- in Aigle Azur Agencies, only in France;
- by calling the Booking Centre on the following numbers:
- From France: 0 810 797 997 (€0.06/min + price of the call)
- From Algeria: + (213) (0) 21 749 333
- From Portugal: 808 500 997
- From other countries: + 351 213 513 260
Booking and purchasing services are only possible for people who unconditionally accept the General Terms and Conditions of Sale in their entirety.
The General Terms and Conditions of Sale are an integral part of the Contract.
If applicable, Special Conditions indicated during the Booking will apply in addition to these General Terms and Conditions of Sale. In case of conflict between these General Terms and Conditions of Sale and the Special Conditions, the Special Conditions shall prevail.
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale may have been published in various languages. In case of inconsistencies between the French version of the General Terms and Conditions of Sale and translations, the French version shall prevail in any event.
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale come into force on 1 May 2016 and govern any new Booking.
This version replaces all previous versions.
ARTICLE 3: TICKET FEATURES
3.1. Booking conditions
- Any Booking via the website http://www.aigle-azur.com or via the Booking Centre must be made no later than twenty-four (24) hours before the flight’s departure time, except for flights to destinations in Mali and Senegal, for which all Bookings must be made no later than eight (8) days before the flight’s departure time.
- No Booking may exceed nine (9) Passengers (adults, children). For Bookings of more than nine (9) people, Passengers must make a group Booking or create a new and separate Booking.
- Anyone wishing to make a Booking must be an Adult, that is to say over the age of legal majority under French law.
- Each Adult may be accompanied by a baby travelling on his/her knees; the age and weight of the baby are to be provided. In accordance with the General Conditions of Carriage, each Adult may not accompany more than one (1) single Baby.
- The Carrier shall not be held liable in the event of fraudulent use by a minor.
- Any Booking for a Child travelling alone, aged up to but not including eighteen (18) years old, must be made by an Adult, by telephone via the Aigle Azur Booking Centre.
- Right to cancel: Pursuant to Article L. 121-21-8.12 of the French Consumer Code, services of accommodation, transport, catering and entertainment provided on a date or over a specified period are not subject to the right to cancel.
3.2. Picking up Tickets
Having made a Booking by phone, Passengers must arrive at the departure airport at the counter of the Carrier with confirmation of Booking to be able to collect Tickets. Tickets must be collected at least three (3) hours before the departure of the Flight. After this time, the Carrier reserves the right to cancel the Booking.
3.3. Using Tickets
- The purchased Ticket is valid only for Carriage, from starting point to the destination, as indicated on the Ticket. Each Flight Coupon is valid for Carriage in the class specified and on the specified date, for the corresponding flight.
- Tickets must be used in accordance with the provisions in the General Conditions of Carriage.
- In case of changes to Times after the purchase of the Ticket, resulting in a change in schedule, the Carrier will endeavour to inform the passenger as soon as possible by telephone and/or by other means, provided that the Passenger has provided personal details which allow him/her to be contacted.
- The Ticket is personal and cannot be transferred, whether for payment or free of charge.
3.4. Validity of tickets
Unless Special Conditions are specified when making the Booking, the Ticket is valid for one (1) year from the date of issue, or one (1) year from the date of use of the first Coupon, if it occurs within a year of the date of issue.
ARTICLE 4: TERMS OF PAYMENT
The Prices offered are only guaranteed after full payment of the Price.
- Fares are quoted in euros (or in the local currency, for guidance only) and include taxes when the law requires it, with the exception of some taxes which certain airports charge locally.
- Payment for Bookings is only made in euros.
- Equivalent prices in foreign currency can be provided. They are purely indicative. Exchange rates change daily and the rate depends on the date of purchase and the rate used by the buyer's bank. Using a payment card issued by a foreign bank may incur additional exchange fees.
4.2. Method of payment
- Bookings made via the website http://www.aigle-azur.com or via the Booking Centre must be paid for using a credit or debit card.
- Bookings made by Aigle Azur Agencies may be paid for using a credit or debt card, cheque or cash.
- The credit and debit cards accepted are Visa, Eurocard and Mastercard.
- For every transaction involving a credit or debit card, an application is made online in accordance with security regulations as described in these General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- The card will be debited after confirmation of the banking transaction.
- The Booking of the Ticket will be confirmed by email, sent to the address provided during the Booking or by presentation of the confirmation of the Booking by the Aigle Azur Agency. This confirmation will include all elements of the Booking (booking number, Flight number, destination, departure and arrival times, Price paid) and will indicate the Check-In Deadline as defined in the General Conditions of Carriage of the Aigle Azur Company.
- Should the Passenger provide incorrect personal or bank details, the Carrier accepts no liability for the non-fulfilment of Air Carriage.
Payment security on the Carrier's website is based on the use of the latest available technologies: the SSL encryption protocol (Secure Socket Layer). At the time of payment, all information is always encrypted, ensuring its full protection and confidentiality. When paying online, the buyer is directed to a secure SSL-protected page and information is only readable by the payment server of the security protocol.
ARTICLE 5: FARE CONDITIONS
5.1. Summary tables
The application of certain Rates may be subject to Fare Conditions indicated during the Booking.
5.2. Promotional offers
Promotional Offers and Special Rates (Baby, Child) are subject to a limited number of places and are thus offered subject to availability.
ARTICLE 6: CHANGING TICKETS
6.1. Conditions for changing
- If the Fare Conditions allow it, the Ticket can be changed by calling
0 810 797 997 (€0.06/minute + price of a call), directly on the website http://www.aigle-azur.com or in Aigle Azur Agencies.
- The Carrier reserves the right to refuse any change to the Ticket (destination, Times, dates), particularly due to availability. In case of changes, the original Ticket will no longer have any value.
- In case of changes, penalties may be applicable, based on the original Fare Conditions.
- If the request for changes is accepted, the Passenger must, if necessary, pay the Fare difference between the changed or cancelled Ticket and the new Ticket. Any change will be made at an equal or higher Rate.
6.2. Conditions for Refunds
In the event of a Cancellation, a flight ticket refund will only be given if the Fare Conditions allow it.
Passengers who have an invalid travel ticket, or a ticket that was not used for travel, are entitled to a refund of the airport taxes (QW), individualised taxes (QX) and other charges referred to above which are only payable if a passenger actually boards a flight. Please note that Service Fees are not refundable.
Requests for these amounts to be refunded must be made online (free refund), in the: “Contact Us” section, or by telephone by calling 0 810 797 997 (€0.06/min service + call charge).
The refund will be paid no more than thirty days after the date of receipt of the request.
Passengers with flight tickets purchased from a travel agency must submit their refund requests directly to this operator.
ARTICLE 7: BUYING OPTIONAL EXTRAS
7.1. General information
- Passengers have the chance to purchase optional extras in addition to their ticket directly on the website http://www.aigle-azur.com at the time of Booking or after the Booking, up to and including three (3) hours prior to the Flight’s departure and by calling the Booking Centre and Aigle Azur Agencies.
- The provision of these services is optional and at the discretion of the Carrier.
- Any purchase of optional extras is fixed and final. They are not exchangeable, refundable nor changeable. They are personal and not transferable.
- Each optional extra can only be used on the flight for which it was purchased. A change to the flight made at the Passenger’s request entails no right to a refund or to carriage on another flight.
7.2. Choice of seat
- When checking in, the Passengers are assigned a seat, at no cost.
- Notwithstanding the provisions in the General Terms and Conditions of Carriage, Passengers have the option to choose the seat they will occupy on board, by purchasing an optional extra.
- Booking a seat by purchasing an optional extra is subject to operational restrictions applicable to the type of seat chosen.
- The assigning of seats is personal and cannot be transferred to other Passengers.
- The Carrier reserves the right, for flight safety reasons, to refuse the assignment of a pre-booked seat, particularly due to force majeure, safety, security or unforeseen operational constraints at the time of sale.
As a result, the Carrier will endeavour to assign a similar seat to the Passenger.
Assuming a seat with similar characteristics is assigned, this service will not grant the right to a refund.
- For information, below are the details of the operational restrictions applicable to certain seats and certain Passengers. Operational restrictions applicable to each seat are detailed during the Booking. The list below is not exhaustive.
Seats located next to emergency exits - Passengers to whom one or more of the following detailed exclusions apply may not use said seats:
- People who are mentally or physically disabled in such a way that they would have difficulty in moving quickly if necessary;
- People with sight and hearing problems who would not be able to react quickly to instructions to begin an evacuation of the aircraft;
- People whose body weight could prevent them from moving quickly;
- Pregnant women;
- Children and babies, whether they are accompanied by an adult or not;
- People who are under arrest or being deported;
- People who speak neither French nor English.
7.3. Excess baggage
- In accordance with the General Conditions of Carriage, Baggage is subject to an excess charge, corresponding to the weight which can be carried in the hold.
- The amount depends on the destination, the class of travel and the Fare Conditions of the Ticket as defined in Article 5.1.
- Passengers wishing to carry luggage which is heavier than the authorised weight or wishing to travel with extra luggage have the option of paying an additional fee when Booking their Ticket directly on the website http://www.aigle-azur.com, by contacting the Booking Centre or via an Aigle Azur Agency.
- Receipt of payment will be sent to the email address specified during the purchase of the excess or will be presented by the Carrier's Agent.
- At check-in, the Passenger must provide the corresponding receipt in order to benefit from the purchase of the excess.
Passengers have the option to reserve a place for a dog or a cat, when Booking their Ticket directly on the website http://www.aigle-azur.com, by contacting the Booking Centre or via an Aigle Azur Agency.
The transport arrangements for dogs and cats are specified in the General Conditions of Carriage: https://www.aigle-azur.com/conditions-de-transport.
ARTICLE 8: BUYING ADDITIONAL SERVICES
- The Carrier can connect Passengers with different trading partners, either by phone via the Booking Centre or on the website http://www.aigle-azur.com.
- Any purchase or Booking is made directly with these partners and is thus exclusively subject to the general terms and conditions of sale of the partner.
- The Carrier offers passengers the option of taking out insurance coverage from an insurance company, hereafter referred to as “the Insurer.”
- The Carrier acts solely as an intermediary at the time of taking out the insurance policy. The Insurer is solely responsible for the management of any claims made.
- In no event shall the Carrier be a party to the contract of insurance between the policyholder and the Insurer.
A variety of different insurance products is available:
Sign-up via Aigle Azur’s website and at all points of sale in France.
Sign-up via Aigle Azur’s website and at all points of sale in France.
- Cancellation Insurance (before your stay):
The policy can be taken out at the same time as purchasing the plane ticket on Aigle Azur’s website or at all points of ale in France.
Insurance products may be offered in conjunction with all tickets sold by Aigle Azur to any person domiciled in Europe, for a maximum cover period of three consecutive months (personal or business travel).
- Insurance premiums are not subject to any refund, whether in whole or in part, including in the event that the ticket is cancelled or changed prior to departure.
ARTICLE 9: CONFIDENTIALITY AND PERSONAL DATA
- All Personal Data provided during the Booking will be processed by the Carrier who is committed to privacy protection and confidentiality.
- The Carrier may be legally required to disclose the data provided as part of legal proceedings or if such information is required by the competent authorities.
- The Carrier and its partners reserve the right to use the data collected for the purpose of promotional or commercial communications, via various media (phone, mail, etc.).
Internal studies may also be performed using this data in order to improve the services offered and to better meet the expectations of Passengers.
- In accordance with Law 78-17 of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, every user has a right to access, correct and delete data provided during the Booking. To do so, an application must be submitted in writing to the following address: email@example.com.
ARTICLE 10: APPLICABLE LAW
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are subject to French law.